I’m headed to Bali this weekend!! Oh my gosh, it’s my first real vacation in two years (ugh, I know) so I’m literally bouncing around in excitement. We’ll be there for 2.5 weeks – I can’t wait to explore the islands! It’s been on my bucket list forever, looooong before Eat, Pray, Love. We’ll be touring Ubud, Seminyak, Canggu, Nusa Penida and Gili Meno before doing an Anthony Bourdain-style layover in Singapore on the way home.
But enough about that. To keep this short so I can go back to packing, wanted to share with you my must have essentials that I keep on my carry on. From Saje to Instax, L’Occitaine to Bose these are my tried-and-trued items I always keep in my trusty Herschel backpack.
- Bose QuietComfort 24 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones: I’m super noise sensitive so noise cancelling headphones are a must when travelling. Plus they’re comfy and super stylish!
- Saje Soothing Herbal Eyeshade: I sleep as much as possible on flights and this eye mask is the best thing at blocking out the harsh airplane fluorescents.
- Karen Walker Sunglasses: Fashion meets practicality – by far my favourite pair of sunglasses… dare I say ever?
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera: You never know who or what you may see as you travel – make sure you capture them and don’t forget to share the moment.
- L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream: I’m a germaphobe so I’m constantly washing and re-washing my hands on flights. Combined with the dry plane air, my hands always start to crack which is where this rich shea butter hand cream comes in!
- Wrigley’s Double Mint Gum: As a child, the only time I was ever allowed to chew gum was when we were travelling. That childhood routine still holds true today and without a doubt, I’m never without my faithful companion Wrigley’s.
- Daniel Wellington St. Mawe’s Rosegold Watch: I’m that person whose always checking their watch, counting down the hours until we land. I just got this watch recently so I’m excited to see how it’ll do in my travels – but already I can tell you it’s incredibly stylish and comfortable (I’m seeing a theme here!).
- S’well Water Bottle: Staying hydrated is the key to keeping your skin fresh and clear, as well as crushing jetlag! I love the variety S’wells come in (I have three now!) and they keep my cold water COLD.
- Burt’s Bees Balm Tube: Hydration, hydration, hydration! Along with a rich shea cream for your hands you’ll need a luxurious one for your lips, and this one’s been it for years!
- Apple iPad Air 2: I used to be a firm believer in real books. But once I picked up the iPad Air I never looked back. Now I can carry as many books as I like on my travels, and not have to worry about overweight luggage (seriously, that used to be a huge worry).
- Passport Case – Ballet Floral: I’m not going to lie: I have to take this off at pretty much every check point at the request of every immigration officer. Even though it’s a hassle I can’t stop using it… and I won’t. It’s too cute to stop!
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream: I’ve recently started to notice dark circles under y eyes. At the moment, they’re at their worst in the morning and slowly disappear throughout the day but still, ack! I’ve recently started using this eye cream after many recommendations so I’m excited to see if I notice any improvements.
- BP Knit Scarf: Layers are the key to travelling and having a great scarf is a non-negotiable. Use it as a pillow, an eye mask, heck, even a toque if you’re in a bind. Never travel without one!